Wu the Modern-Day Philosopher

If you stumble upon this by chance, stick around and read something about today, for your day. You just might enjoy it!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Today's Reminiscent on When I Was Your Age... is "Poker meant five-card draw."

I believe that the crazy of Texas Hold 'Em began when I was in high school as a sophomore. So, that's about half a decade ago or so. It's relatively a new interest. I remember when people talked about poker, it was always five-card draw. No stud, no razz, no omaha, and no hold-em. I guess times change and everything with it. Don't get me wrong, I love playing Hold 'Em since it's the only poker I gamble with. I'm not even really that analytical about it, I'm sort of decent, but that's for anyone to decide. I do know that luck is my most powerful weapon, but that's a different story. Still, I never knew why the change happened and honestly, I don't care too much to find out. Hold 'Em is here and it's here to stay, so we can all play!

Vince Notes: Hold 'Em replaced Five Card Draw as the "default" poker game, but with good reason. It's fun and while I am by no means promoting gambling, I'm promoting the game itself and all the skills and techniques and excitement (or frustration) it offers. If you haven't tried it before (do you live in a cave or something?), please do yourself a favor and do so, like right fuckin' now!

(Y)
( , ,){The Bunnie says, "Thirteen Card Poker anyone?"}
C(")(")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home